It's not easy running a small business, so we thought we'd help you along with these tips:
1. Tackle one project at a time - don't spread yourself too thin.
2. Embrace mobility - including BYOD.
3. Become a social media whiz.
4. Just don't be annoying about it.
5. Keep your head in the cloud.
6. Don't hire slackers.
7. Also, don't be a slacker yourself - especially if you're running a small business out of your house and the couch is beckoning.
8. Build a customer base by making connections.
9. Keep your customers close by being there when they need you.
10. And be available no matter how they want to reach you, including text, live chat or call.
11. If number 9 is difficult for you, it's probably time for a new business phone system.
12. Remember that most employees you're bringing on will probably be millennials.
13. Don't be a mean boss just because you heard that's what worked for Steve Jobs. You are not Steve Jobs.
14. Get organized - because if you're running a small business, nobody's going to do that for you.
15. Have a clean workspace.
16. Get grumpy with your competition.
17. And get to know them at small business conferences.
18. Eat creativity-driving foods.
19. Try to limit distractions.
20. Don't be discouraged by one bad day of business.
21. Be your own motivator.
22. Get your face out there to personalize your brand. And when you put your image out there, make sure it's presentable.
23. Have some confidence. When it comes to your business, you are Thor.
Looking for more tips like these? Sign up for our weekly blog email updates.