Let’s face it—whether you’re an independent agent or you represent a larger insurance provider, a suitable phone system is a must. But did you know that with today’s advancements in telecom technology, your phone system can transform the very way your agency runs? Based on serving agents for more than a decade, here are five key business phone system features we recommend for insurance.
- Barge/Monitor/Whisper - Your sales team is the backbone of your business. Agents tell us Barge/Monitor/Whisper makes training sales staff easier than ever. With just one click, you can instantly join a call to provide assistance, listen silently to monitor your staff’s calls, or whisper to your employee without the caller hearing. In other words, you can set your sales staff up for success while still keeping a close eye. After all, a well-trained staff makes satisfied customers!
- Data Integration - Know who you’re talking to! When you integrate a data-fetching application, like we do with eAgent and Blitz Lead Manager, into your phone system, your calls will automatically provide record matching. In other words, you will know your caller’s details before you even pick up the phone! Never underestimate the power of a personal touch.
- Call reporting - Call reporting lets you see how callers interact with your team. Armed with this information, you can identify training opportunities, tweak staff hours, and even pinpoint additional staffing needs.
- Mobile Accessibility - Sometimes, you only get one chance to get your foot in the door with a potential client– so a missed call is a missed opportunity. But with features such as Find Me/Follow Me, or Fonality’s mobile apps, you can accept incoming calls to your work number from the office, your mobile, home, anywhere! One phone number equals endless possibilities. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t be in two places at once. (Bonus: never give out your mobile number to a new contact or policyholder again.)
- Click to Dial - Dialing a phone number is so retro. Look for the ability to dial with one click. For example, Fonality Click to Dial enables your sales staff to dial faster and eliminate dialing errors, ultimately improving their performance. This works great with desk phones, especially when it’s part of a unified communications (UC) platform.
Speaking of UC, the best place to find all of these essential features is a UC platform, such as Fonality’s Heads Up Display™ (HUD). HUD helps you manage your phone calls, voicemail, instant messaging, conference calls, email, screen sharing, video conferences, and even who's at their desk or on the phone (known as "presence") on one screen. Quite honestly, we don’t know how anyone lives without it.
If you have more questions about how your phone system can improve agency performance, one of our dedicated insurance specialists would love to help. Call 877-366-2548 x4000 or click to chat!