By Steven Horgan
If your organization is like many others, you scrambled when the pandemic hit and your work environment suddenly became virtual. You quickly pulled together a mixed bag of communications and collaboration solutions that would keep your staff connected and your operation up and running. Perhaps you had not yet adopted cloud-based communications, so you signed up for free or inexpensive trials of unified communications (UC) applications for cloud-based calling, meetings or team messaging. You may have stepped out of your comfort zone and set up virtual access to a customer relationship management (CRM) application to handle your customer accounts.
While you worked quickly and diligently to equip your newly virtual workforce with a workable suite of UC tools, you also may have experienced struggles and unexpected costs along the way. Managing varied, disjointed and siloed apps from multiple UC providers has been complex and confusing – not to mention the time spent keeping track of assorted licensing fees and contracts. Maintaining security and compliance has been even more challenging.
Now that we’ve turned the corner on this pandemic, it’s time to take stock of your business apps. Identifying a more unified, integrated approach will streamline your operation on many levels and keep you competitive as we continue the transition to flexible mixes of work-from-home (WFH), work-from-anywhere (WFA), and hybrid home-and-office business models.
Measuring the Benefits of Using a Single Provider
A recent Metrigy research study, “The Value of True Unified Communications as a Service,” surveyed more than 500 organizations about their approaches to delivering UC applications over the past year, measuring the differences between multi-provider and single-provider solutions.
The difference in cost savings was eye-opening, with the study reporting that “Organizations using a single, integrated UC provider spent “56% less in operational expenses (calculated as licensing plus staffing costs) on a per-user, annual basis.”
Single-provider solutions that integrate calling, messaging and team collaboration – along with integrated data from other applications like CRM, business intelligence and security management – will save you money.
Metrigy also has identified four key and measurable benefits from using a single UC-provider that delivers app integration:
- Increased Employee Productivity: Integrated applications help employees complete tasks faster and collaborate with teams more efficiently. The study measured a 31.7% increase in productivity with unified apps from a single UC provider.
- Improved Application Utilization: Accessing all apps from a single user interface drove a 31% increase in the adoption and utilization of UC applications.
- Higher Employee Satisfaction: The predictability and consistency of a single UC provider matters to employees, who rate UC apps 35.7% higher after switching to a single provider.
- Lower Operational Costs: Single providers can bundle and discount voice, video, team collaboration applications, often along with security, network connectivity and other related services. Monthly per-employee license costs, on average, are 44% lower.
With quantifiable benefits like these, it’s clear that single-provider solutions deliver significant advantages, and not just in reducing costs.
And you can gain even more value by integrating your phone system data into the business tools you use every day. Connecting your apps and automating the flow of information between them results in greater efficiencies, new capabilities and business insights you can use to make better decisions. We’ve made them core to our CommUnity Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) suite. Benefits include:
- Facilitating seamless communications between office staff and contact center agents to deliver a superior customer experience: NetFortris CommUnity UCaaS comes with built-in Contact Center tools, plus the option of easily turning on even more advanced call center capabilities.
- Getting calls, messaging and collaboration all in one place: You can access NetFortris CommUnity’s enterprise-class UC features directly from Microsoft Teams for increased productivity and keeping remote employees connected.
- Streamlining customer and sales interactions: Integrating NetFortris CommUnity UCaaS client apps with your Salesforce CRM delivers in-app call control as well as personalized and optimized customer engagements.
- Maximizing your business impact: Combining app and web services data with your phone system data yields efficiencies, automation, better service and corporatewide transparency. That’s why NetFortris delivers business integrations and enhanced features that boost network security, mobility, call recording, SD-WAN and more, enabling a truly unified experience and a holistic view of critical business metrics.
About the Author
Steven Horgan is the Director of Product and Marketing for NetFortris. As a seasoned telecom product veteran, he brings a focused leadership to both teams. During his 10 years at NetFortris, Steven has specialized in aligning product with both partner and customer needs while balancing creating and maintaining a full proprietary product suite.
Contact: 415.287.1232 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the Simplicity, Savings and Success of a Single-Provider Solution
NetFortris makes it painless to access a complete suite of business communications solutions, applications and integrations that are customizable to your organization’s unique needs.