Customers can 1-click dial from Microsoft Outlook, web browsers, and more
Calling a phone number in an email by dialing or copy/paste is so retro. Fonality customers can stop wasting time and dialing wrong digits with the company’s new Click to Dial for Microsoft Outlook.
Similar to Fonality Click to Dial for browsers, the new Outlook plug-in turns phone numbers into a hyperlink that dials through the user’s Fonality line when clicked. Click. Call. It’s that easy.
“We’re always looking for ways to make users’ lives easier and to improve their business performance. Expanding Click to Dial does just that,” said Ali Rizvi, Fonality’s director of product management. “Fonality customers can start a call from their Outlook emails, popular web browsers, and even third-party applications. And save a ton of time dialing with a single click.”
Expanding Click to Dial represents the latest way Fonality and valued integration partners are extending the usefulness – and unified experience – of the company’s business phone system. Click to Dial works by turning phone numbers into dial-ready hyperlinks on web pages, in Outlook, and inside select third-party software.
Click to Dial benefits customers three ways:
- Dial Faster. Can it get any quicker than one click?
- Improve Performance. Manual dialing wastes time and diverts attention.
- Eliminate Dialing Errors. Never clumsily dial the wrong number again.
One-click dialing works great with desk phones. It’s even handier when using Fonality’s Heads Up DisplayTM unified communications (UC) platform – including its integrated web phone.
4 categories of Click to Dial and counting
With the addition of Outlook, Fonality Click to Dial is now available across four categories. In addition to the company’s own options, several partners have added the feature to their software using Fonality’s API. The Click to Dial family now includes:
- Outlook. Appears as a Fonality icon on the ribbon and activated by the user’s Fonality login. This plug-in can call phone numbers in the email body or signature in the Inbox as well as Sent Items. Available for download here.
- Browser. This customer favorite since 2012 offers one-click dialing from web pages. Extensions are available for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer here. Watch for browser updates later this summer.
- CRMLink for Salesforce. Fonality recently refreshed its CRMLink for Salesforce integration, which includes Click to Dial along with many other features that enhance business communication and customer relationships.
- Third Party. Several partners offer shared customers the convenience of one-click dialing from within their applications, including Blitz Lead Manager and Abacus Data Systems.
All Click to Dial versions are free for Fonality customers and use their existing logins.