NetFortris' Hosted VoIP: Enterprise-quality solutions, SMB pricing.
Our hosted VoIP solution delivers every feature you'd expect from an enterprise-level provider, without the cost. You can also kick that PBX box to the curb. We provide the phones, and host your phone service on our servers, using your internet connection. No hardware or software maintenance, installation, or management necessary. Sound good? Oh yeah, we also do it at an affordable monthly price.
No matter the size or location, NetFortris can simplify the way you manage your business communications with our hosted voip solution.
Get Best-in-Class Hosted VoIP features including:
Easy to Use Advanced Features - Multiple Auto-attendants, Call Recording and Contact Center functionality like Barge, Monitor, Whisper to help your customers and employees communicate more efficiently.
Built-In Collaboration increases Productivity - Save employees up to 2 hours a day in productivity. Enjoy instant messaging, screen sharing, presence and even video collaboration from one easy-to-use Heads Up Display.
Available Anywhere - Because the brains of the phone system are located in the cloud, you can connect from anywhere, anytime. Multiple locations can operate seamlessly on the same phone system and remote workers are connected exactly as if they were just a cubicle away.
Unified Caller Experience - Give callers the same experience across all of your locations and mobile devices with 4-digit dialing and multi-location transfer.
Easily Grows with Your Business - Our hosted voip solution is perfect for growing businesses. Subscribe and pay for only the number of employees you have now and add on as you grow. There's no need to guess your future capacity needs.
Drop-Dead Simple Installation - You don't have to have a PhD in telephony or a team of IT gurus to setup our VoIP service. We do the heavy lifting so you can focus on what matters most: your business.
Rated PCMag Editors' Choice Among Best VoIP Providers and Phone Services for 2019
Still unsure if Hosted VoIP is right for your business. Here are 10 reasons businesses switch to Hosted VoIP:
Top 10 reasons to switch to Hosted VoIP
- Dialing with dinosaurs. We hear this story all the time. "I have a 10-year-old phone system, they don't make the parts anymore and my service contracts are out. What am I going to do?" There aren’t many reasons to make another huge capital investment on equipment, and plenty of added features await if you ditch that dinosaur of a system.
- Limited (or no) IT resources. Many smaller businesses have no IT professionals – and those that do typically have two or fewer. They are responsible for accomplishing multiple tasks on any given day. Why be concerned with managing a phone system?
- Business process improvement. You want communications integrated into your business processes, and some of the features you can add once you move to Hosted VoIP make that possible. Once your voice traffic travels the information superhighway, you can integrate unified communications (UC) software or contact center features. You can’t do that with a traditional phone system.
- Predictable costs. From a pricing model perspective, Hosted VoIP is a predictable business expense. You know what you’re spending each month because of its fixed per-user cost structure which includes local and long distance voice usage. That's a huge advantage.
- OpEx > CapEx. Plenty of companies today don’t want to buy equipment and have that capital expense (CapEx) weigh them down with a depreciating asset. Most businesses want an operating expense (OpEx) model. Benefits including paying as you go and simplified accounting. Cash flow is crucial for your business success. Don’t tie your cash up in unnecessary telecom equipment purchases.
- Connecting multiple locations. Connecting locations with different telco providers can be complicated and add up to higher costs. With a Hosted VoIP system, those negatives fall like dominos.
- Office on the move. Do you really want to schlep an old phone system to a new location? Chances are the current phone system isn’t so current. Why reinvest in it by updating service contracts and doing more with the phone company? Make your escape.
- Not a phone company fan. Everyone who's owned a phone system has had to talk with customer service, either with the phone company or with the on‑site telephony company. One points the blame finger at the other. With Hosted VoIP, one trusted provider controls everything.
- Easy upgrades. Why pay someone to upgrade a private, on‑site telephony system? Put that same system in the cloud to receive automatic upgrades. You don’t ever have to worry about upgrades again.
- Outages aren’t acceptable. People like to think traditional phones are more reliable, but that’s simply not true. A phone system sitting in a closet down the hall is vulnerable. Power outages and bad weather are just two scenarios most of us have experienced in an office environment. Put a phone system in the Cloud to sharply reduce your outage potential. Then further decrease the risk with a provider that has multiple Hosted VoIP clusters in their cloud and redundant data centers that can fail over for those rare times they experience an issue.